Friday 17 February 2012

Updates

So, a year with no new posts. Not that I havent been producing work, but I had a promotion in my paid job, more commisions, and managed to finally move into my own place, all of which left me rather busy.


The main project I ended up working on is something called "The Century Survey". If you look back at the old entries, you'll see a miniature of a steam-powered tank, created initially as a speculative commision for an authors project. My work for said author fell through when I couldnt combine working for him with paid employment however, but around the time I was moving house I got the opportunity to develope a steampunk project of my own... I'll be posting a lot more on this shortly, in greater detail. The only thing from the concept art for that early, abandoned commision being carried through is the Landship however, which has been modified somewhat in line with research about the real early tanks (reference material such as the book "Band of Brigands- the Early Men in Tanks" proving invaluable). Here is a shot of the 90 percent finished landship... more detailing parts to add, and a further repaint due before it can be used in the project.



No comments:

Post a Comment