Today on the blog: I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed, or numbered! I am not a number! I am a man! A FREE MAN!
There, I've got the obligatory The Prisoner references out of my system. I've an upcoming model project which is themed around Portmeirion, and whilst I've paid a few visits here in recent years, I thought it best to hit the place for another walk-around just to get the atmosphere of it all, nack in the summer. OK and the other elephant in the room, there isn't a railway here... but there might have been if some early plans had come off, hence the model build.
I do really love the compositions of the buildings, the mark of a place designed from scratch by an artist with a keen eye; Sir Cough Williams-Ellis.
One of the things I wanted to get was the colours on the buildings.
Also the little details like the urns.
I also wanted some panorama shots over the village as backdrops for the eventual model build.
After doing the village, we took a walk in the woods, though there were other things to photograph up here to that would feed into the model build.
So more on the model build in a later post, depending on when it gets into print.














No comments:
Post a Comment